How to find a good insurance broker in the UK
If you are thinking about setting up a new business or even if you are already trading and need to insure your business and you are not confident or knowledgeable about insurance this can be a dauting and scary process.
Sadly, not all insurance brokers were created equally but here are a few simple steps that can help you find an insurance broker who can help you find the right cover to protect your business.
1. Word of mouth, there is no better way of finding someone than having a recommendation from someone you trust with first-hand experience of their service.
2. Do your research, check them out first. What is their website like, do they talk about businesses like yours? How long have they been trading? Are there testimonials from current clients? Are they registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)(if they are not run a mile, quickly.)
3. Speak to 2 or 3, see if you like them. Most importantly, do they understand what you do? With niche businesses popping up all the time this is vital, if they listen to you and ask engaging questions I would take this as a positive sign.
4. Are they specialists? Do they have a track record or expertise in working with businesses like yours?
5. What help do they provide if you make a claim? Some brokers will have claims teams to help you if you need to make a claim, others will be more
6. Are they independent? If they are they will work with a range of insurers, if not they could be tied to one particular insurer and you should know this up front.
If you would like more information about the types of insurance every small business needs, please download my guide - http://eepurl.com/gi4-hb
If you have any questions, please drop a comment below or send me a message.